Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Fifteen Minute Story

We are afraid of truth, afraid of fortune, afraid of death, and afraid of each other. Our age yields no great and perfect persons. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today is the beginning of the Self-Reliance 30 day challenge. The prompt for today is if you were to die in fifteen minutes what would be the last story you would tell. You can find the exact prompt here: Gwen Bell - 15 Minutes to Live. I read the prompt and I thought about it for half of the day today, and I really don't know what I would write. I don't really have a specific story to tell. I think if I knew I was going to die in fifteen minutes my priority would be to make sure I left something behind for my son so he will always know that I love him. Since he is only two right now I know that he would probably grow up not remembering who I was, instead of hoping someone else will tell him I need to make sure he knows for sure how much he matters to me. Since I don't think I will be dieing in fifteen minutes I think I will make him a small book that will always be his so if something does happen to me he grows up knowing he matters to me.
Photobucket

0 comments: