Thursday, June 2, 2011

One Strong Belief - Buster Benson

It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude. - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

The Trust 30 prompt for today is what is a belief you live by that the people around you do not. Find the piece HERE.

A belief that I have that most of my friends do not necessarily live by is my kids come first. At my age most of my peers do not have kids, but my son means the world to me. There are plenty of things I did not want to do that I did, because I knew that was best for him. Even those friends that do have kids some times do not live by this. I want my son to grow up the way my mom raised me. She was a single mom and had to let things slide that she would have loved to have done, and God forbid she sometimes had to tell my brother and I "no." I think it is because of this I am the way I am. I know the right from wrong, and I know what should take priority. When it comes down to the latest Wii game and buying $60 of groceries I know which is more important even though that might not be the provider of momentary joy.

My Sentence of the Day:

Today was a rough day, and I found myself repeating my sentence over quite a bit, so that is the sentence to describe today.

This is stupid, I am just blown away!

Photobucket

0 comments: