Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Post-it Question

That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him. Where is the master who could have taught Shakespeare? Where is the master who could have instructed Franklin, or Washington, or Bacon, or Newton? . . . Shakespeare will never be made by the study of Shakespeare. Do that which is assigned you, and you cannot hope too much or dare too much. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have had a number of personal things come up this month. I have decided to pick up where I left off with the Self-Reliance prompts. June Third's prompt was titled Post-it Question. The prompt is to identify my biggest challenge for myself, turn it into a question, write the question on a post-it note, and think about it for 48 hours. After the 48 hours I need to journal about things I have come up with to help me.

My biggest challenge at the moment is deciding what I want in my life. I have had numerous personal issues come up and I feel like I need to make some decisions in my life towards a change. My question is What do I want out of my life? What do I need to do to get there?

I know this is kind of a vague question, but there are many challenges for me right now that I feel like a general question might help me narrow down the problems in the other areas in my life. The bonus for this prompt was to take a picture of the sticky note on the bathroom mirror or a door, somewhere that it is seen all the time. I don't actually have any post-its, and the place I look at the most is my computer. My nice new computer has a nifty application where I can post a post-it note right on my screen, so here is the picture of my screen.

Zach has been very supportive for me. He knows I have been having a hard time, so he left me a new desktop screen. I have his note and my note, right where they will be read often!




Photobucket

0 comments: