Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Making a Change

Who I was before (2011):
I was 30 pounds overweight. I had platinum blonde hair to my butt. I was an emotional wreck. I was constantly depressed and angry. Things were not going the way I wanted so I figured I would just keep drinking until I was happy. Drinking and smoking were my pick me ups instead of the things that should have been. I was in a completely unhealthy relationship and my relationship with my son was taking a beating (figuratively). My life was on hold and I didn't even know it. 

Becoming A Better Person:
I have been taking steps in my life for the last year to try and get to a place where I am really happy, and not artificially. One big difference I see in myself is I look healthier. I'm not perfect by any means, but I feel like I look so much better now. 

Another big difference is in the relationships I have chosen to maintain. I have been working hard at leaving behind the relationships that have not been healthy and enriching the right relationships. Unfortunately because of my religious conversion some people think I have left them behind because my church has told me to. I can assure you this is not the case. I am taking care of myself because I need to have goodness in my life. Another relationship I feel has changed in my connection with my Bird. I feel like we are able to have really mother/son experiences and enjoy each other now. It has been great!! 

I am back in school again, thank God!I was so excited to finally be progressing towards my own goals an dreams, instead of putting them away for someone else. Bachelors degree here I come! 

Today:
I am healing. 


0 comments: